Monday, December 20, 2010

2nd Annual Christmas Party!

We had our 2nd annual Christmas party just last week (Dec 12) and for some reason or another, I had forgotten how to bake.  I had intentions of making cream puffs and eclairs but they turned out not so puffy and more like pancakes, my meringue would not stiffen even after I had beat it for 30min, half of my puff pastry straws got a little too brown and crisp, the gingerbread cakes looked half fallen apart after I had finally scraped them out of the mini bunt pans and my white chocolate mousse curdled?!?!?  At least I could salvage the mousse because even though it curdled, after it set, the texture wasn't so bad so I made it into parfaits with blueberry sauce and little chocolate snowmen.  Even after all my failures, everything else turned out really well and everyone love the food and we loved the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment